Bread rolls are soft and crunchy snacks made by filling bread slices with vegetables cooked in pizza sauce and various seasonings. It is the easiest way to satisfy your Pizza cravings with minimum effort. They are quick and easy to make at home. Bread rolls are best to serve with ketchup or green chutney and add a cup of tea for making it a fully satisfying snack. Try this recipe and just enjoy.
Bread Roll, Stuffed Bread Roll, Cheese Bread Roll
6 Bread Slices
1 cup Green Capsicum (finely chopped)
½ cup Onions (chopped)
¼ cup Carrot (finely chopped)
Cooking Oil (for frying and cooking)
¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese
¼ cup Pizza Sauce
2 tbsp Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
1 tbsp Dry Oregano
Salt (according to taste)
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
1. We will first make the stuffing, for this take a tbsp of oil in a pan on medium high heat. When its hot enough add onions and cook them for 30 sec till they are little cooked. Now add garlic and sauté it for another 30 sec till its rawness goes away. Now add capsicum, carrot and stir it a little. After that add salt but be careful to add just quarter tsp, because all sauces we will use later also have salt. Now cook them for 5 mins on medium heat as we don’t want vegetables to be fully cooked.
2. Now add tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, pizza sauce or you can also use pasta sauce, some black pepper powder, dry oregano but it is optional and 1 tbsp vinegar. Now mix them well and cook for another 5 mins on medium heat till all sauce liquid dries out and vegetables soak all flavors. Now our stuffing is ready, so switch of the heat and let it cool down.
3. Now lets move to next step and make a paste which will be used to seal the bread rolls. For this take ½ tbsp of all purpose flour in a small bowl, then add 1 tbsp water and mix it well to get a smooth lump free paste.
4. Once our stuffing has cooled down, transfer it to a big bowl and add some mozzarella cheese and mix it well.
5. Now take a bread slice and first cut their hard sides like this, similarly cut all bread slices. Now take a bread piece and use a rolling pin to gently flat it down, we want to make it thin. Now take a tbsp of stuffing and place it in the center, be careful not to overfill, as it will be difficult to roll the breads. Now apply flour paste on all four sides and roll them like this, and then press all sides well. Just make sure to seal it properly from all sides so stuffing won’t come out while frying. Now make all bread rolls like this.
6. Once all breads rolls are ready, heat some oil in a wok on medium high heat. Be careful not to overheat oil, as extra hot oil will make rolls dark from outside but uncooked from inside. You can check if oil is ready by dipping a piece of bread, if it sizzles then its ready. Now carefully put all bread rolls in oil, and fry on medium heat for 10-12mins till they become golden brown. Be careful to keep flipping in between to get uniform frying. Now bread rolls look golden brown, so drain them out on a paper towel to get rid of extra oil.
7. Now they are ready to Taste.
Tips n Tricks:
1. Be careful not to overheat oil, as extra hot oil will make rolls dark from outside but uncooked from inside.
2. You can use vegetable stuffing of your own choice.
Follow Nehas Cookhouse:
Y O U T U B E https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxHIVYIG0I_-kYip98ZZ4gw?sub_confirmation=1
T W I T T E R https://twitter.com/NehasCookhouse
F A C E B O O K https://www.facebook.com/NehasCookhouse/
P I N T E R E S T https://www.pinterest.com/nehascookhouse/
I N S T A G R A M https://www.instagram.com/nehascookhouse/?hl=en
G O O G L E + https://plus.google.com/u/1/116224268814557926205/posts
Easy Lemon Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License