I loved peanut butter cups a little too much as a child. After going vegan, I haven’t had anything similar until now. These easy to make chocolate peanut butter bars will blow your mind, and your friends too! (My dad, the reeces peanut butter cup fanatic approves).
(it looks long but is seriously SO easy to make!)
10 medjool dates (pitted)
1 cup almonds
1 tbsp cacao/ or cocoa (I haven’t tried with cocoa)
1. Combine and mix layer 1 fully in the food processor.
2. Line a pan (I used 8×8) with parchment paper and press your mixture down.
3. Freeze while you work on the next layer.
1 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
generous sprinkle of sea salt
1.Melt your coconut oil and stir the mixture thoroughly and then add it to your pan.
2. Freeze while you work on the next layer.
1/2 cup cacao
5 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1tbsp almond milk (warm)
3-4 tbsp maple syrup
top with sea salt
1. Melt and warm your almond milk/ coconut oil in the microwave and then stir mixture thoroughly before it cools.
2. Take your pan out of the freezer and ensure your peanut butter layer is hard on the top.
3. Add into your pan (Spread it as fast as you can before it cools!).
The bars will be frozen enough to enjoy within an hour or two. Enjoy! (and if you’re still reading this let me know how they turn out!)
Hi i’m Brianna of Delicious Nutrition!
I’m vegan and gluten-free. Being a competitive figure skater, I like to eat healthy for my best physical performance. It helps that I love studying nutrition and being creative with healthy recipes.
Three years ago, I had to change my diet when I was experiencing a lot of stomach discomfort and I was constantly getting sick. Since then I have rarely been sick and my energy levels have improved significantly.
Good nutrition can impact your life incredibly.
Treat your body well and it will love you right back! ♥︎
Tweets by bri_delmaestro
Poolside – Stir it up
~~~ Subscribe and NEVER miss a recipe! ~~~